As Mary watched the robin, she noticed an old maetal ring half-buried in the earth where the dog had been digging. She reached down and picked the ring up. But it wasn't just a ring. It was an old key, and it looked as if it had been buried for a long time.
Mary stood up and looked at it. She felt almost frightened. "Perhaps it has been buries for ten years," she said in a whisper. "Perhaps it is the key to the secret garden."
Mary Lennox arrives from Indi to live with her uncle in Yorkshire. She is lonely and unwanted. Then one day, Mary finds a secrert garden...
- Extr grmmar and vocabulary exercises
- Notes about he life of Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Notes about the story
- Points for Understanding comprehension questions
- Glossary of difficult vocabulary
- Free resources including worksheets, tests and author data sheets at www.macmillanenglish.com/readers